BILL OF RIGHTS
You have each been assigned an Amendment (or part of an
Amendment) from the Bill of Rights. After reading the packet and highlighting
main ideas, discuss the Amendment with your group.
Answer the questions below. One person can take notes for
your group, or your group can share the note-taking duties. Your goal is to
finish all the questions by the end of class!
- What are the main ideas of this Amendment?
- Choose 1 court case dealing with this Amendment.
- Describe the key facts of the case
- Explain the Court’s decision
- Do you agree or disagree with the Court’s decision?
Do you think the Amendment was protected?
- How does this Amendment impact kids and/or schools?
- What issues are the “hot topics” today concerning this
Amendment? What do you think about these issues?
- Why is this Amendment so important in a democracy?
Think about the protection of our natural rights to life, liberty and the
pursuit of happiness; that we are all supposed to be equal; that we all must
be able to vote effectively, because we the people are in charge!
- With any right comes responsibility. What are citizens’
responsibilities for keeping these rights?
- What is the most interesting thing you learned about
Return to March Calendar